How Does Toastmasters Work?
In Toastmasters, you learn by doing! The mission of a Toastmasters club is to provide a mutually supportive and positive learning environment in which every individual member has the opportunity to develop oral communication and leadership skills, which in turn foster self-confidence and personal growth.
You can learn more about the Toastmasters program through the following resources from the Toastmasters International website:
There are plenty of reasons to consider joining Toastmasters!
- increased confidence
- better communication and leadership skills
- meet a great network of people
- overcome nervousness when speaking before an audience
- organize and present ideas logically and convincingly
- listen carefully to others’ ideas
- offer advice to help others improve their speaking and leadership skills
- participate in – and even lead – group discussion or meetings